The Big Smart Fans
< The Smartest Features >
Why We Build Them
AirMotion Next Generation HVLS Fans are packed with the smartest features in the big fan industry to provide a complete and more effective air movement than the old generation larger HVLS fans, like -
Unique to the HVLS fan industry, we put the air movement control in your hands. Our innovative Variable Pitch Technology lets you change the blade pitch from 0° to 20° - up or down - to move air in a columnar flow for narrower focus or conically disperse it for wider reach - we call it Adjustable Air Movement. With three or more fans arranged in an array you can get an all-encompassing, wave like air movement throughout your facility by adjusting some fans to move the air upward while others moving the air downward. We call it Complete Facility Movement of air.
We have engineered our Rotatair Composite blades for high efficiency. Unlike other blades with airfoil shape designed to go in one direction, we have designed our blades to be symmetrical for
equal effectiveness in moving air up or down. Please note, our blades are wider near the hub of the fan and narrower at the tips to reduce turbulence and allow fluid air movement across the fan. And the composite materials make them stronger yet lighter than the standard aluminum blades.
Our low voltage, simple but multi-functional Smart Controller (wall box control unit) provides you 5 modes of operation with on-board smart electronics and temperature sensors -
- Manual Mode - The user sets the fan speed (20-120 RPM) and blade pitch angle (0° to 20° up or down).
- EcoMode - The fan is programmed to select the most energy efficient pitch for a user set speed.
- DeStrat Mode - The fan turns on automatically when there is a pre-set temperature difference between the fan and the wall box control unit - the roof and floor level of a facility, and turns off when the temperature difference is reduced to a set point; at user set speed, pitch, and direction (up/down).
- AutoMode - The fan selects the combination of optimal speed and pitch based on temperature differences, and runs automatically. The user just sets direction (up/down). This feature was first developed for the US Navy, now incorporated in all AirMotion big fans.
- External Input Mode - The fans can also be run by user specified external devices such as thermostats, timers, sensors, or other devices.
Available in 15 ft, 12 ft, and 9 ft diameters, AirMotion Next Generation HVLS Fans are designed and capable to provide the air movement of larger HVLS fans. And their innovative sizes do not hinder the most common lighting and fire suppression setups to eliminate the annoying and counter-productive strobe effect created by the big fan blades spinning underneath lights, and avoid any issues with the concerned fire marshals and/or insurance underwriters; while their low profile design helps them fit in any applications including lower roof facility areas as well as above cranes and other areas where space is tight.
AirMotion big fans are built with energy efficiency as a fundamental design imperative to reduce energy usage significantly so you leave a smaller carbon footprint. We have matched our energy efficient 1.5 hp TEFC motors with highly efficient gear reducers and Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) for optimal operational and energy efficiency. We have also given small but useful energy saving thoughts while designing our fans, for example: the fans are equipped with an intelligent control system allowing startup with approximately zero blade pitch for less power consumption.